Sunday, May 1, 2011


Hahaha, guess who hasn't learned how to pull stills from her video yet, hahaha! Guess who forgot to snap a photo of the finished product before it was eaten, hahaha! Its certainly not this girl sitting and eating hilarious pizza with her two friends!

Hey Guyz! Well this entry is just FULL of mistakes, but that's what makes it fun, right? Right!?

I made pizza, which I love to do. I've worked in one sit-down pizzaria and one pizza take-out place so I hazard to say I make pretty good pizza. This is the 'quick and dirty' version, because I use prepared sauces. I mention that I'm going to do alfredo sauce and marinara sauce from scratch at a later date; both of those can be used instead of the prepared sauces I demonstrate here. So go ahead and hop in your time machines to visit those future blog entries so you can write down those recipes before we get started...or just use the suggestions I make in the videos for choosing/using a premade sauce.

Lets get started:

Crust
3 cups of Bread flour
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3 TBS corn oil
1 packet of yeast
1.5 tsp salt
2 TBS dark brown sugar
1.5 cups warm water

And now the videos. In this first one I spell bread, 'bred'. Sadly I made straight As in english throughout high school and university studies. Your tax dollars at work.

Okay, so Tim WASN'T out of batteries, his phone just made a suspicious 'Out of batteries' noise.

Here is the rest of the first bit. Notice how INSTEAD of taking off my ring as I tell you to do, I just kneed with one hand? Old habit from trying to carry a baby in one arm while I make dinner :P

Now, while that is rising, lets talk about what comes next:

Sauce
Red sauce with a pinch of black pepper, garlic salt and a TBS of Oregano
Alfredo: you can use a thin layer of ranch dressing instead if you don't have real alfredo on you.
This actually works better than jarred alfredo.

Cheese
16 oz of part skim mozerella

Toppings
Whatever you want, but for a white pizza I tend to use chicken, mushrooms and chopped garlic.
Red pizza you can get away with everything but the kitchen sink. Here I used sliced plum tomatoes, green peppers, mushrooms and chopped garlic.

This is where things get a little silly. We had given the boys a bunch of water balloons and told them to go play in the yard while I made the pizza, but my youngest decided halfway through that he was going to come in and give an impromptu speech.
Also: the boys breezing in and out the front door forced pollen into the front of the house, triggering both cook AND cameraman's allergies. So about halfway through we start SNERRRRKing. On my honor, no SNEEERRRRK wound up on/in the food.

The final product! Mmmm! I meant to take a picture of the second pizza, but both had smelled up the house with awesom deliciousness and so they were quickly consumed by the fam the second they were cool enough to eat. Lets just say the second looked like the first one, but more colorful.



Thanks to Tim (Karvald, for my MST3K roomies) for his camera work and promises that next time I won't run the dishwasher while making a blog video.

Now go make some pizza!

No comments:

Post a Comment